Hunt for the northern lights or experience a husky sled ride in the cultural capital of Arctic Norway.
The capital of Arctic Norway, Tromsø is the biggest city for hundreds of miles around. As such, it punches way above its weight in cultural events and attractions considering its small population of just 72,000. The city also has a deserved reputation as being a great base for northern lights hunting. The city’s island setting makes for some awesome photo opportunities in both the summer and the winter.
Although the city is the perfect spot to base yourself during an Arctic adventure or for northern lights hunting, there’s so much to do within the city itself. From the iconic Arctic Cathedral to some interesting museums and galleries.
- What to do: Discover the top sights in Tromsø
- Museums: Learn about the best museums in Tromsø
- Where to stay: Find the best value hotels in Tromsø
- Getting around: Our guide to transport in Tromsø
- Tours & activities: Save money by pre-booking tours & activities